My days off from work are Monday and Wednesday...so my "Saturday" was today. Sometimes it's sad being at work when everyone is out and about and off when the world is working, but I make the best of it. And it's great to run errands when everyone's at school/work.
My working-weekend and my day off were both very enjoyable this past week. My sister's childhood best friend Lainey was in town to meet the little stud-muffin (nephew) and to visit. Sunday night after work we had a long, leisurely and glorious dinner at Macaroni Grill. I greatly enjoyed conversation and wine over an array of tapas, entree salads and dessert. We took our time and had a wonderful time.
My working-weekend and my day off were both very enjoyable this past week. My sister's childhood best friend Lainey was in town to meet the little stud-muffin (nephew) and to visit. Sunday night after work we had a long, leisurely and glorious dinner at Macaroni Grill. I greatly enjoyed conversation and wine over an array of tapas, entree salads and dessert. We took our time and had a wonderful time.
Today was an absolutely incredible Autumn Day. It was on the warm side, actually, at about 70-75 degrees but the sunlight streaming through red and orange leaves was perfection. After growing up in woodsy Pennsylvania I was sad to move out to my suburb in Colorado where the landscape featured sticks in the ground which they insisted on calling trees. They had supports to hold them up. They were shorter than I was. But here we are eleven years later and I found myself amidst a heaping pile of leaves in the front yard. When did the trees grow up? When did we get leaves? I LOVED it (but was secretly happy it wasn't my job to rake them up.) This morning I went home to catch up with the fam (read: love on my nephew) and we had a little Penn State/Eagles photo shoot with Lainey & G-man.
Later on we (Jen, Lainey, myself) decided to drive about ten minutes away to Daniel's Park. I love the park--it's in the "back country" and has incredible views of the open land leading up to the foothills and the mountains themselves. It was a bit hazy today, but still breathtaking. I love going up there because it's close to home and yet it removes you a bit and gives you room to decompress.
I loved that from where we were I could see out to the lakes near my new apartment.
After driving back to Littleton (my new digs) I grabbed my roommate J. Gibbs and we went to explore nearby Clement Park. I fell even more in love with our new stomping grounds! Clement Park is huge, it puts Highlands Ranch's little town park to shame. It features a beautiful large lake and lots of open field space. Their are sports fields, playgrounds and a beautiful Columbine HS memorial (the HS backs up the the park.) We spent until sunset walking around the lake and exploring.




I love this last shot because it's actually a distant view of the cliffs of Daniel's Park where I was earlier in the day.
To top off a lovely day, I came home to flowers sent from my most darling bestie Tina (of the epic NYC trip and all of college). I couldn't believe how sweet and thoughtful she was to want to celebrate my new apartment from afar with housewarming flowers! Actually, I could totally believe it--she's always been like that.
Despite a few set-backs in my day, I really enjoyed the people and the places with which I spent my time. I hope your weekend and/or your Monday was equally enjoyable.
5 comments:
How lovely! Glad the past few days have been so wonderful. I have to work Saturdays, so my "saturdays" are Sundays...which stinks a lot, but one day--ONE DAY, I will get an actual weekend.
You live in such a beautiful place. I love the photos from the park near your apartment with the reflections in the water and the gold colored leaves. I should get out and enjoy nature more. I spend too much time indoors.
I'm glad you had such a great day! And I love that you have a friend who would send you flowers. I just love it when you're happy.
you really made the most of your working weekend and your monday off!
and your nephew looks cuter every day ^^
Such a sweet friend to send you flowers! And they are beautiful!
Post a Comment